Searching for an Assembly Technician to set up equipment to assemble, repair, and test production components for electronic/electrical converters on rail passenger trains.
- Setup and perform both hand and automatic assembly operations necessary for the assembly and repair of components, sub-assemblies, or assemblies.
- Inspect and/or tests components, assemblies, and/or power tools.
- Disassemble, reassemble, correct changeover, clean, finish sub-assemblies, or assemblies using hand or power tools.
- Repaint or touch-up components or assemblies.
You must be able to…
- Interpret electrical blueprints, technical drawings, and sketches.
- Have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Present a high school diploma or equivalent educational experience.
- Successfully pass the pre-screening process including drug and alcohol tests, criminal, employer, and driving background checks.
- Work in all types of weather and environments indoors and outdoor
- Work in high places and confined spaces
- Wear safety gear and follow all safety guidelines
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs occasionally and able to push/pull
- Knowledge and expertise in electrical converters, inverters, or related products.
- Prior railroad or military experience
- Electrical certification or trade school experience
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Prescription plan
- 401K Retirement with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- On-the-job training
For more than 30 years, Altech has built a tradition of innovation, service, and growth while maintaining a safe and highly-ethical culture. Headquartered in Fairfield, NJ with offices on the West Coast, Altech serves clients throughout the United States and Canada. As the staffing industry leader in rail transportation, maintenance, manufacturing, and IT, we have successfully paired skilled technicians with in-demand electrical, electro-mechanical, HVAC, management, and quality assurance/vendor surveillance roles.
Not your typical staffing firm, Altech offers competitive rates, comprehensive benefits, training, and career advancement opportunities that will help you maximize your full potential. Working hand-in-hand with our clients, we uncover opportunities that lead to advancement and direct hire opportunities. We understand that our employees are the driving force behind our success.
|Job Category||Maintenance/Operations, Technical|