Our client is looking for a Lead HVAC technician to supervise a team of technicians who will troubleshoot and maintain HVAC systems on passenger trains.
- Oversee a team of 6 technicians, inspect work, assist with follow-ups and promote high standards
- Travel between sites at Springfield, MA, and Boston, MA
- Coordinate, direct, and train, field team members ensuring individual and team goals are consistently achieved
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety using software and technology to diagnose and repair units or systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity and maintain operation.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly and tests.
- Solve mechanical or electrical problems involved in the operation of testing equipment.
- Read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and utilize a variety of testing equipment for troubleshooting of equipment and systems to the board level.
- Test performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscope, electronic voltmeters, load cells, temperature gauges, electrostatic meters, calipers, and other precision measuring equipment.
- Install electrical parts and hardware in test equipment using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Troubleshoot electrical, electronic and pneumatic controls, rebuild pumps, valve, regulators, and have an excellent understanding of warranty repairs.
- 5+ more years of HVAC experience
- Basic tools set (special/custom tools will be provided)
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexible schedule with ability to travel
- Customer-focused and driven mindset
- Ability to successfully pass the pre-screening process including drug and alcohol test, criminal, employer and driving background checks
- EPA certified or Trade school certification
- Prior railroad or military experience
- Prior experience working in building maintenance
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Prescription plan
- 401K Retirement with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- On-the-job training
For more than 30 years, Altech has built a tradition of innovation, service, and growth while maintaining a safe and highly-ethical culture. Headquartered in Fairfield, NJ with offices on the West Coast, Altech serves clients throughout the United States and Canada. As the staffing industry leader in rail transportation, maintenance, manufacturing, and IT, we have successfully paired skilled technicians with in-demand electrical, electro-mechanical, HVAC, management, and quality assurance/vendor surveillance roles.
Not your typical staffing firm, Altech offers competitive rates, comprehensive benefits, training, and career advancement opportunities that will help you maximize your full potential. Working hand-in-hand with our clients, we uncover opportunities that lead to advancement and direct hire opportunities. We understand that our employees are the driving force behind our success.
|Job Category||HVAC, Maintenance/Operations|