Our client is searching for skilled HVAC technicians to troubleshoot and maintain HVAC systems on passenger trains.
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety using software and technology to diagnose and repair units or systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity and maintain operation.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly and tests.
- Solve mechanical or electrical problems involved in the operation of testing equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of local/national codes and industry standards.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records; complete necessary paperwork.
- Provide exceptional customer service to client and ensure timely responsiveness.
- Ensure a safe professional work area; keep physical job site organized and clean.
- 2+ more years of residential HVAC installation
- Basic tools set (special/custom tools will be provided)
- Reliable transportation and a valid drivers license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexible schedule with ability to travel
- Customer-focused and driven mindset
- Ability to successfully pass the pre-screening process including drug and alcohol test, criminal, employer and driving background checks
- Work in all types of weather and environments indoors and outdoor
- Work in high places and confined spaces
- Wear safety gear and follow all safety guidelines
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs occasionally and able to push/pull
- EPA certified or Trade school certification
- Prior railroad, military, industrial HVAC experience
- Prior experience working in building maintenance
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Prescription plan
- 401K Retirement with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- On-the-job training
For more than 30 years, Altech has built a tradition of innovation, service, and growth while maintaining a safe and highly-ethical culture. Headquartered in Fairfield, NJ with offices on the West Coast, Altech serves clients throughout the United States and Canada. As the staffing industry leader in rail transportation, maintenance, manufacturing and IT, we have successfully paired skilled technicians with in-demand electrical, electro-mechanical, HVAC, management, and quality assurance/vendor surveillance roles.
Not your typical staffing firm, Altech offers competitive rates, comprehensive benefits, training, and career advancement opportunities that will help you maximize your full potential. Working hand-in-hand with our clients, we uncover opportunities that lead to advancement and direct hire opportunities. We understand that our employees are the driving force behind our success.