Field Service Technician
Our client is searching for an experienced Positive Train Control (PTC) Technician to provide field service support for an international Rail transportation company. The Field Service Technician will be the primary interface between the business units at the respective site and provide onsite and remote support to customer installation crews, maintenance personnel, and operations teams.
- Guide and assist Customer employees and craft in the installation, field testing, troubleshooting and operation of the I-ETMS systems as required
- Communicate technical and operational details to stakeholders in PTC systems
- Participate in final installation steps with Customer; support post-installation testing procedures
- Develop product knowledge required to properly install, maintain, test, and troubleshoot I-ETMS systems, including interfaces to airbrake, recording and locomotive systems
- Assist Customer with development of short term action plans and long term reliability initiatives
- Provide technical support for other company products, such as electronic air brakes, video recording systems, event recorders, etc.
- Experience with pneumatic systems; field installation and testing of electronics; software installation, configuration, and testing; and mechanical systems
- 3 years of experience with Positive Train Control, or one year of experience with I-ETMS
- Ability to read, interpret and explain technical documents such as engineering drawings and specifications, test procedures, and electrical schematics
- Must successfully pass the pre-screening process including drug and alcohol test, criminal, employer and driving background checks
Bachelors in Engineering, Associate’s Degree in Electronics or Computer Technology, OR technical-related experience or training in the industry
- Knowledge of locomotive operation, electronics, and control systems and/or railroad experience
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, SQL, and Ruby
- Field service/field engineering experience a plus
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Prescription plan
- 401K Retirement with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- On-the-job training
For more than 30 years, Altech has built a tradition of innovation, service, and growth while maintaining a safe and highly-ethical culture. Headquartered in Fairfield, NJ with offices on the West Coast, Altech serves clients throughout the United States and Canada. As the staffing industry leader in rail transportation, maintenance, manufacturing, and IT, we have successfully paired skilled technicians with in-demand electrical, electro-mechanical, HVAC, management, and quality assurance/vendor surveillance roles.
Not your typical staffing firm, Altech offers competitive rates, comprehensive benefits, training, and career advancement opportunities that will help you maximize your full potential. Working hand-in-hand with our clients, we uncover opportunities that lead to advancement and direct hire opportunities. We understand that our employees are the driving force behind our success.
|Job Category||Maintenance/Operations, Technical|